4.6.13

Penang Run 2013 - 2014 Esplanade to Teluk Kumbar

Navigating my way through

Distance: 21km
Pace: 8.42"/km
Time: 6.30 am
Location: Esplanade to Teluk Kumbar, Penang

Running is so life like. Not every day is a good day so are runs. I felt really tired back in April so I put off running for awhile. When I tried to train again, life seemed to drop another notch lower. It was a period when I think, how much lower can life get? 

It is times like this that I observe silence. If I have nothing good to say, I shan't. By this time, I'm writing this back-dated post, life is already heading up again. Whoopie!

On the Penang Run Series back on 12 May 2013, I was already tempted to give up by 2nd km - how early. At the finish, I recorded 3 hours. Slow, I know but hey, I got my medal, I finished my run, I tried to smile despite the hurdles and tears. It was my first half marathon of 2013. 

One of the best thing about this run was that it took place at home and I never had an idea where Teluk Kumbar was. Being able to run there on foot, felt really great. 
The hard earn medal.
The lucky number.

I got caught on camera. A very strained neck and shoulders.
The starting line at Esplanade.
Was wandering around when I heard my name. Bumped into these boys.
Lucky colleague won a bicycle. <3
Tada. George and his new foldie! Hard Rock magic.

Came back to be greeted by a kiss at the back of my car.
Ended the day at the police station. Haha. Needed to lodge the report on the hit.
It's true not every day is a fantastic day but counting my blessing, there was my mom and bro and Leonard and colleagues and new friends found to make my day. However bad, there's a silver lining.

Lotsa love to life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment