27.11.12

Penang Bridge International Marathon - 18 November 2012

Before the run, with Niza and friends
The goal for 2012 was clear - to attempt a full marathon. It was not without challenges. The first eight months of this year was full of pain, wounds and subsequent scars - literally and emotionally. 

On the bright side, I had insisted that pain back then was delusional that the dark clouds would eventually clear up for dawn to set in. 

Wow, I was terrified of the marathon. I didn't train enough, definitely did not log up to 30km a week. I can only say I managed to pull through.

This is truly a medal of honor, sweat and pain but it's all worth it. The joy is indescribable.
Tada! B01963 shall report to the starting line.
Huff puff, what a relief to cross the finish line.
Here we were posing with our medals at the finish line.
A photo with a guy in a banana suit! Lol.
Another group of friends whom I had breakfast with later in the day. We each had a different view of the run but couldn't help feeling blessed that we completed it safely.
Groupie shot with Kenny and Zet and friends.
The cert is here. First full marathon completed in 06:20:32.58.



0 comments:

Post a Comment